Friday, May 24, 2013

Part1. Beatty to Montag

i Dear Montag,

        I hope you are feeling better after my last visit. I understand what you are going through right now. I think every fireman goes through this period in his career where you start questioning and your curiosity becomes the better of you. I remember when it happened to me, so that is why I am writing to you today. First off, you must understand that what we are doing, as firemen, is absolutely crucial to our society's survival. If we weren't here, and people were free to read books, the whole world would be in a greater depression than ever seen before. You may be thinking if firemen always burnt down houses, even back when they weren't fireproof. The answer is no. A time go, people possessed much more knowledge and wisdom than the people of today. They had books and schools that actually taught something. This was before the digital age dawned upon us. Ever since then, this knowledge that used to be so common, was only possessed by a few. It was these few that caused jealousy and hate to the average citizen. These books fueled their knowledge and also filled the rest with great emotion. It wasn't before long that if we just got rid of books all together, everyone would eventually merge into one average class. This is why we do what we do. We do this to keep the odd ones who want to cause pain and jealousy to the rest of the population under control. This is why we need you Montag. You, my dear friend, are a hero. 

Hope to see you soon,
Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment