Sunday, May 26, 2013

Part2. Montag to Mildred

Dear Mildred,

I hope that you are feeling ok, along with your relatives on the walls. I feel like I am changing, and I am scared whether I like it or not. I think I may quit my job as a Fireman. I mean, is what we are doing really right? I don't understand why we are burning books without a proper explanation. For all we know, the reason they give us could be a complete lie, and the books are actually so amazing that they are jealous and decided to outlaw them. Who knows!? I feel like a part of me inside wants to keep living my ordinary life with you and the Fire Hall. Yet, another part of me wants to leave this and try to start a rebellion for the books. I know you would be horrified of this idea, so now I really don't know who to trust. I feel like we don't share a connection anymore. All you seem to do is sit in the living room and yell with you relatives and walls. I am always second to these. That makes me think, if we each slowed our lives down and took our time with activities instead of always rushing through everything just to sit down to the walls again, would that be better or worse? It would give us time to think and discuss things like what's happening in the world or how we are feeling that day. I am just really confused at the moment and I hope that you will support me throughout whatever decision I make.

Love, Montag

No comments:

Post a Comment